The objective of this page is to provide you with information about cookies that we use and to explain to you the limitation procedure. You’ll also find our legal mentions..
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a little file that is uploaded into your devices via the visited websites.
A cookie is mainly used for the websites’ operations (eg. better performance, optimization and information purposes).
Utilization of cookies
Poleetic is using cookies for various reasons. There are two main categories of cookies:
- Functional cookies: they respond to technical requirements. They are required for an effective and secure connection to a website.
- Performance cookies: they improve browsing by recording some of your preferences for easier, faster and more user-friendly browsing. These cookies are also used for statistical purposes.
These cookies may have a different source, function and lifespan:
- Direct cookies: refers to cookies placed by Poleetic when visiting its website which can only be read by the Poleetic website
- Indirect cookies: refers to cookies placed by third parties when visiting the website, for example cookies placed by social media sites
- Functional cookies: ensure that the website works correctly (e.g. login, registration and language preference cookies) or make it possible to supply services explicitly requested by web-users. Functional cookies are direct cookies:
- Performance cookies: are placed on the website for statistical, social and commercial purposes or in order to create a general user profile. Performance cookies can be direct or indirect.
– Cookies placed for statistical purposes provide information about the pages visited on the website and the location of the computer (Google Analytics etc.).
– Cookies placed for social purposes allow web-users to share the content of the website visited on social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Permanent cookies: remain on your hard drive for a pre-determined time or until you delete them.
- Session cookies (or temporary cookies): simplify your actions during a browsing session. All session cookies are deleted once you close your browser. Session cookies are generally functional.
What type of cookies does Poleetic use?
– Functional cookies
Poleetic uses functional cookies, required for the proper functioning of its website and which do not identify you personally.
Cookies make the site’s functioning more user-friendly and offer you a more personalized online experience.
Below you will find an overview and more information concerning the functional cookies we place.
– Performance cookies
Poleetic uses performance cookies to collect information about your use of the website in order to improve the content and increase its ease of use.
Below you will find an overview and more information concerning the functional and performance cookies we use:
If you do not agree, you can deactivate the cookies by following the instructions bellow:
Configuring your browser’s parameters
All web browsers allow you to restrict cookies’ behavior or deactivate them. The steps to follow are different for each browser.
You can also use your browser to view the cookies present on your computer, and delete them individually or all at once.
Below are instructions on how to block and/or delete cookies for the commonest browsers:
If you have blocked all or some cookies, it is possible that the website will no longer function correctly or that you will not have access to some parts of the site, for which we cannot be held liable.
Updates to the cookies policy
We reserve the right to make any changes to this policy, particularly in response to legislative requirement.